Seldom do I use the terms despicable, anti-American, disgusting, I struggle as they curl from my lips because I know I’m exhorted by the Jewish literature upon which our country was founded to “never return evil for evil.”
But here we have the major Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis and after people of good faith in both parties come up with plans to provide more ventilators, masks, develop vaccines, and provide funding for people who have lost their jobs…What happens?
Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer injected the following, obedient to Congressman Clyburn’s notion that the Coronavirus crisis is a “tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision”:
- Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance
- Bailing out all current debt of postal service
- Required early voting
- Required same-day voter registration
- 10k bailout per student for student loans
- For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers
- Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining
- Full offset of airline emissions by 2025
- Greenhouse gas statistics for individual aircraft flights
- Federally funded retirement plans for community newspaper employees
- $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance
- Permanent paid sick-leave at companies receiving assistance
- $20,000,000,000 to the U.S. Postal Service
- $300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts…
- $300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities
- $30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund
- $300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting
- $500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries
- $720,000,000 to Social Security Admin bureaucracy
- $25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building
- $7,500,000 to the Smithsonian for additional salaries
- $35,000,000 to the JFK Center for Performing Arts
- $25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives
- $315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs
- $95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development
- $300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance
- $300,000,000 for Migrant and Refugee Assistance
Watch Senator Susan Collin’s 45-second clip, to see her justifiable irritation.
People in Oklahoma are known as no-nonsense, America-loving Patriots. Their U.S. Senator James Lankford shares our anger (4 minutes and 30 seconds).
Share this now with every Democrat you know so they can see how a handful of power-crazed former Democrats turned into a “We will control your lives and decide what is best for you” crowd. True Democrats need to abandon these errant leaders.